ITA Solo & Ensemble Competitions
2015 Repertoire posted
The repertoire for the 2015 Solo & Ensemble Competitions has been posted and can be found under the various competition categories in the navigation bar. The General Rules and Requirements and registration information will be posted in August! The finals will be held during the 2015 International Trombone Festival July 8-11 in Valencia, Spain.
2015 Competitions Overview
Classical Tenor Trombone Competitions
- Gilberto Gagliardi Tenor Trombone Competition (ages 18 and under)
- Robert Marsteller Tenor Trombone Competition (ages 22 and under)
- Larry Wiehe Tenor Trombone Competition (ages 23 and under)
- Frank Smith Tenor Trombone Competition (ages 25 and under)
- Lewis Van Haney Philharmonic Prize (ages 25 and under)
Classical Bass Trombone Competitions
- George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition (ages 20 and under)
- Donald Yaxley Bass Trombone Competition (ages 25 and under)
- Edward Kleinhammer Orchestral Bass Trombone Competition (ages 25 and under)
Classical Alto Trombone Competitions
- ITA Alto Trombone Competition (ages 25 and under)
Jazz Trombone Competitions
- Carl Fontana Jazz Trombone Competition (ages 22 and under)
- JJ Johnson Jazz Trombone Competition (ages 25 and under)
- Emory Remington Trombone Choir Competition (8 or more trombonists)
- ITA Trombone Quartet Competition
- Kai Winding Jazz Trombone Ensemble Competition (3 or more trombonists, plus rhythm section)
The deadline for all entries is December 1, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST).
All applications require current ITA membership at the time of registration.
A non-refundable application fee of $30 (+ a $22 Acceptd admin fee) is required for each solo entry - Fontana, Johnson, Smith, Marsteller, Wiehe, Gagliardi, ITA Alto, Roberts, Kleinhammer and Van Haney. A non-refundable $75 application fee (+ a $22 Acceptd admin fee) fee is required for each ensemble entry - Quartet, Winding and Remington.