George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition
First Prize - TBA
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2016 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file, with no editing within the submitted audio file.
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2016 Roberts competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Concerto No.1, by Alexey Lebedev (Hofmeister)
Final Round Repertoire
- Konzert in F, by Ernst Sachse, ed. Göss (Bass Trombone edition) (Zimmermann)
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|
|2015||Daniel Vaitkus||Boston University|