George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition
First Prize - TBA
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2015 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements (posted after the summer) must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are not acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file
- Each movement may be recorded separately, but there may be no editing within a movement.
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2015 Roberts Bass Trombone Competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Paul Hindemith
Drei leichte Stücke (Three Easy Pieces), movements 1, 2, and 3
NOTE: This work is for cello
Final Round Repertoire
- Eric Ewazen
Concertino for Bass Trombone and Piano
ITA Press / Warwick Music
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|