Larry Wiehe Trombone Competition
First Prize - TBA
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2016 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- Any repeats should be performed as printed.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file, with no editing within the submitted audio file.
- Past winners of the Larry Wiehe Tenor Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2016 Wiehe competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- The Patriot, by Arthur Pryor (available in Solos for Trombone, published by Carl Fischer)
Final Round Repertoire
- Carnival of Venice, by Jaroslav Cimera (Koestner)
|1996||Rebecca Howenstine||Eastman School of Music|
|1997||Mark Templeton||Guildhall School of Music, London, England|
|1998||Peter Swann||University of Southern Mississippi|
|1999||David Sisk||Youngstown State University|
|2000||Andrew Poirier||University of British Columbia|
|2001||Jonathan Lombardo||Juilliard School of Music|
|2002||Ellen Marple||University of North Texas|
|2003||Achilleas Liarmakopoulous||Rio Mesa High School, Camarillo, CA|
|2004||Jordan Witt||Cincinnati Conservatory of Music|
|2005||Jason Robins||Yale University|
|2006||Andrew Connington||Royal Academy of Music|
|2007||Andrew Shelton||Mars Hill College (NC)|
|2008||Adam Hanna||Southeast Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Jason Cash||Oklahoma State University|
|2010||Hana Beloglavec||Western Michigan University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||John Romero||Baylor University|
|2013||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2014||Nick Dewyer||Western Michigan University|
|2015||Lyman McBride||Brigham Young University|