Kai Winding Jazz Trombone Ensemble Competition
First Prize - Featured performance at the 2013 International Trombone Festival in Columbus, GA.
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2013 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- All improvised solos must be performed by regular members of the ensemble - no guest soloists.
- No guest soloists are allowed.
- No age requirement or school affiliation required.
- Winning ensemble must utilize only the players who made the CD recording in their ITF appearance - no additional players or substitutions are allowed without the written approval of the Competitions Committee.
- Winning conductor has total control over the content of their ITF performance.
- 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 Winding Competition winners are not eligible in the 2013 Kai Winding Jazz Trombone Ensemble Competition.
20-minute program of music of your choice
|1988||Paul Brewer's Jazz Bones||University of Central Oklahoma|
|1990||University of North Florida Jazz Trombones||University of North Florida|
|1991||Capitol Bones||Washington, D.C.|
|1994||New York Trombone Conspiracy||New York City|
|1995||Slide FX||Los Angeles|
|1997||Eastman-Winding Trombone Septet||Eastman School of Music|
|1999||State of the Trombone||New York City|
|2000||University of North Texas Jazz Trombone Ensemble||University of North Texas|
|2001||University of Texas at Austin Jazz Bones||University of Texas|
|2002||Eastman Bionic Bones||Eastman School of Music|
|2003||Tennessee Trombonery||University of Tennessee|
|2004||Piedmont Trombone Society||Atlanta, GA|
|2005||Against the Grain||Berklee College of Music|
|2006||Dease Bones||Juilliard School of Music|
|2007||University of Texas Jazz Bones||University of Texas|
|2008||U-Tubes||University of North Texas|
|2009||Guildhall Jazz Trombone Ensemble||Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London|
|2010||Phoenix Jazz Trombones||Matt Lennex, leader|
|2011||Scarlet Knights Jazz Trombones||Rutgers University Conrad Herwig and Andy Hunter, leaders|
|2012||University of Illinois Jazz Trombone Ensemble||Jim Pugh, leader|