Posted May 21, 2013
Job Opening at University of Mary
The Music Department at the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND, seeks a dynamic individual to direct the University jazz ensemble and teach applied music, low brass. This full-time professor position begins August 2013. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Comprehensive benefits package included. Successful candidates will:
1. demonstrate the ability to participate in departmental activities including recruiting, planning, curriculum and program development;
2. contribute to the department as a positive team player; contribute to the artistic/creative community; participate in departmental and university committees; and
3. demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
4. have opportunities to teach a semester in Rome or in our Catholic Studies program.
Preference will be given to candidates with a Doctoral degree (including ABD) in trombone (performance and pedagogy) and jazz studies though consideration will be given to candidates with a Masters degree.
To apply, please submit
(1) cover letter describing your qualifications and experience as they relate to the specific requirements and responsibilities of this position;
(2) curriculum vitae;
(3) copy of transcripts from all institutions of higher ed (official transcripts will be required upon hire);
(4) names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references;
(5) high quality audio or video recording of performances(s) or links to recordings;
(6) any other materials as evidence of excellence in teaching or scholarship.
Questions about this position can be addressed to Dr. Tom Porter, Chair, Department of Music, at 701-355-8137 or email@example.com. Complete applications must be received by May 24, 2013 for priority consideration. AA/EOE. Review of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach each item above as a separate document. Mail to Dr. David Fleischacker, University of Mary 7500, University Drive, Bismarck, ND 58504.