2012 Award Nominations
ITA Members should send a one-page letter or email of nomination to Brett Baker, Chair of the ITA Awards Committee. The letter should detail how the nominee meets the selection criteria as specified below. The deadline for the 2012 nominations is December 1st, 2011. Please mail letters to arrive before this date. Nominations should be sent to:
35 Yew Tree Drive
Cheshire CW8 4NH
or by email to: email@example.com.
The ITA Award recognizes the highest level of creative and artistic output in areas such as performance, composition, arranging, teaching, conducting, research and/or service.
Candidates of the ITA Award should have:
- Made important and outstanding contributions to the trombone community
- Demonstrated a high level of creative and artistic output in areas. such as performance, composition, arranging, teaching, conducting and/or research
- Demonstrated dedication to his/her profession
- Commitment or service to the ITA
Neill Humfeld Award
The Neill Humfeld Award for Excellence in Trombone Teaching recognizes the trombone teaching contributions of the late Neill Humfeld and honors living teachers who have achieved the highest level of excellence in their work.
Candidates of the Neill Humfeld Award for Excellence in Trombone Teaching should demonstrate:
- Long-standing dedication to trombone teaching
- Effectiveness, innovation and uniqueness in teaching
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Leadership in the teaching profession
- Success of students
- Shares his/her teaching. expertise with other trombone teachers
Complete guidelines and a list of past winners may be found online at www.trombone.net/awards