For trombonists ages 25 and under (birth date of January 1, 1992 or later)
First Prize – Jürgen Voigt alto trombone
- The 2018 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2018 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed. The two movements should be recorded as a single take.
- No written signs, nametags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “AltoEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the ITA Alto Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2018 ITA Alto competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Georg Christoph Wagenseil – Concerto, ed. Bryan (Universal) or ed. Trudel (Doberman-Yppan) For the first movement cadenza, applicants may perform any cadenza of their choice.
Final Round Repertoire
- Tomaso Albinoni – Concerto in D minor, op.9, no.2, ed. Lawrence (Marco Paulo)
|2009||Márton Kuna||Music School of Kecskemét, Hungary|
|2010||Joshua Bledsoe||Arizona State University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||Charlotte van Passen||Conservatorium van Amsterdam|
|2013||Kurt Neubauer||Janacek Academy of Music and Performance Arts Brno|
|2014||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2015||Tobias Lang||Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)|
|2016||Therese Iversen||Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus|
|2017||Pavlo Titiaiev||Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music (Poland)|