For trombonists ages 25 and under (birth date of January 1, 1995 or later)
First Prize – 2,000€ gift card for a Voigt Brass instrument
- The 2021 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2021 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. While live, in-person collaboration is still preferred, a pre-recorded piano accompaniment will be allowed for the 2021 competitions cycle in the event that restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic do not make a live performance possible.
- The required repertoire should be recorded as one complete, unedited take (no separate movements), and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, nametags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point. In the event both performers do fit in the frame, due to social distancing or use of pre-recorded piano accompaniment, the trombonist must still be completely visible throughout the performance.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “AltoEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the ITA Alto Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2021 ITA Alto competition.
- Co-Winners from the 2020 ITA Alto Trombone Competition are eligible to enter if still meeting age and other requirements.
Joseph Boismortier – Sonata in C, arr. Slokar/Fucik (EMR)
Note: Applicants should take the first repeat of movement 2 and the first repeat of movement 4; all other repeats should be ignored
Eric Ewazen – Palmetto Suite, movements 2 and 3 (Theodore Presser)
|2009||Márton Kuna||Music School of Kecskemét, Hungary|
|2010||Joshua Bledsoe||Arizona State University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||Charlotte van Passen||Conservatorium van Amsterdam|
|2013||Kurt Neubauer||Janacek Academy of Music and Performance Arts Brno|
|2014||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2015||Tobias Lang||Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)|
|2016||Therese Iversen||Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus|
|2017||Pavlo Titiaiev||Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music (Poland)|
|2018||Marie Nøkleby Hanssen||Hochschule für Musik, Theater, und Medien, Hannover|
|2019||Evan Williams||University of Texas at Austin|
|2020 Co-Winner||András Bogács||Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover|
|2020 Co-Winner||Jamey Morgan||Michigan State University|
|2020 Co-Winner||Martin Simon||Universität Mozarteum Salzburg|