For trombonists ages 25 and under (birth date of January 1, 1994 or later)
First Prize – 2,000€ gift card for a Voigt Brass instrument
- The 2020 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2020 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed. The three movements should be recorded as a single take.
- No written signs, nametags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “AltoEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the ITA Alto Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2020 ITA Alto competition.
Johann Georg Albrechtsberger – Concerto in Bb, movement I, Darvas & Vecsey Edition (Editio Musica Budapest)
Note: Applicants are free to choose or compose a cadenza of their choice
Eric Ewazen – Palmetto Suite, movements 2 and 3 (Theodore Presser)
|2009||Márton Kuna||Music School of Kecskemét, Hungary|
|2010||Joshua Bledsoe||Arizona State University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||Charlotte van Passen||Conservatorium van Amsterdam|
|2013||Kurt Neubauer||Janacek Academy of Music and Performance Arts Brno|
|2014||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2015||Tobias Lang||Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)|
|2016||Therese Iversen||Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus|
|2017||Pavlo Titiaiev||Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music (Poland)|
|2018||Marie Nøkleby Hanssen||Hochschule für Musik, Theater, und Medien, Hannover|
|2019||Evan Williams||University of Texas at Austin|