For trombonists ages 25 and under (birth date of January 1, 1996 or later)
First Prize – TBD
- The 2022 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2022 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- The required repertoire should be recorded as one complete, unedited take (no separate movements), and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, name tags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- The performer should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “AltoEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the ITA Alto Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2022 ITA Alto competition.
- Co-Winners from the 2020 ITA Alto Trombone Competition are eligible to enter if still meeting age and other requirements.
Anonymous/Christian Lindberg – Three Medieval Dances (Edition Tarrodi)
Phillip Wharton – Sonata for Alto Trombone, movements 1, 3, and 4 (available at https://www.imbrassworks.com/p/philip-warton-alto-trombone-sonata/)
|2009||Márton Kuna||Music School of Kecskemét, Hungary|
|2010||Joshua Bledsoe||Arizona State University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||Charlotte van Passen||Conservatorium van Amsterdam|
|2013||Kurt Neubauer||Janacek Academy of Music and Performance Arts Brno|
|2014||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2015||Tobias Lang||Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)|
|2016||Therese Iversen||Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus|
|2017||Pavlo Titiaiev||Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music (Poland)|
|2018||Marie Nøkleby Hanssen||Hochschule für Musik, Theater, und Medien, Hannover|
|2019||Evan Williams||University of Texas at Austin|
|2020 Co-Winner||András Bogács||Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien Hannover|
|2020 Co-Winner||Jamey Morgan||Michigan State University|
|2020 Co-Winner||Martin Simon||Universität Mozarteum Salzburg|
|2021||Tim Ouwejan||Conservatory of Amsterdam|