Grab your trombone and celebrate ITW (April 3-10, 2016)!
- Submit an event now. We want to hear about it even if it’s a bit outside the date range.
- Review the latest ITW 2016 world map below. Where is ITW happening? In a word: Everywhere.
Everyone is invite to participate
We welcome trombone beginners to professionals, all ages, secret admirers, passionate advocates, soloists, duos, trombone quartets, brass quintets, trombone choirs, trombone studios, wind bands, orchestras, parading trombone troupes and street bands.
Get inspired by exploring this year’s events
Past ITW events have been held in more than a dozen countries and have included Trombone Days, live web streams of performances and masterclasses, premieres of new compositions, recitals, concerts, lectures, summits, symposia, videos, podcasts, a radio show… and even a wedding!
If you see something scheduled near you, participate in it
If something is planned near you, please participate. You could even contact the organizer ahead-of-time and offer to help out.
If there’s nothing scheduled near you, create something
Simple is good. You could bring your trombone to visit a local school or retirement home. It’s not about big formal events. It’s about sharing the beautiful voice of the trombone with people around you. No matter what you choose to do, we want to hear about it.
Spread the word
Tell the world what you’re doing by submitting your event even if it’s a bit outside the official ITW date range. Talk it up around town, too.
Prepare and practice, practice, practice
Do your best to prepare and deliver a beautiful and professional performance. Arrive early and well-prepared. Thank your host and the audience. Your event represents the global trombone community. Perform music you like and can perform well. You can include an optional work composed in honor of International Trombone Week. For example, Brad Edwards has composed several marvelous ITW fanfares for trombone octet. You’ll find links below for his music and more–including trios, quartets, and trombone features for band. If you use this music, please just credit the composer and mention the ITW in your program and/or remarks.
OK. ‘enough reading. Get out there and make something happen!
- Please tell us about your event.
- Download the ITW logo for your program, website, press release, or stickers.
- Access free ITW sheet music such as trios, quartets, octets, and trombone features for band. We love Doug Yeo’s Bach Cello Suites, too.
- Follow the fun on Twitter (hashtag “spit valve”) and Facebook
- After your event, share a summary with us. Where did you go? What did you play? Who was there? Document your event with high-quality photographs and video.
This is our fourteenth year
International Trombone Week was created by the ITA in 2003 to promote the trombone all over the world. Please join us and make this our best ITW ever.
Questions? Ideas? Contact Colleen Wheeler at email@example.com.