Hip hip hooray! It’s that time again!
Thank you for deciding to be part of International Trombone Week. Here are some helpful tips to get you started, and a couple of requests:
- You love the trombone… so get out there and share it. Who knows? Someone new might get inspired to play the trombone.
- Whether you play the trombone, or just love its sound, there are lots of things you can do to mark the occasion.
Tell us what you’ll be doing. We love hearing about events large and small–formal and informal–and even when they’re a bit outside this year’s official week of 1-8 April, 2018.
- Please submit this short form so we can put you on the world map.
- Connect with us via Twitter (#spitvalve) and Facebook. You can also write to itw AT trombone DOT net.
Consider playing some wonderful music, much of it written for ITW by some generous people. You can play other music too, of course! Here are some free options–go get it!
- Solos such as Doug Yeo’s arrangements of Bach Cello Suites
- Trios by David Caldwell and Colby Norton
- Quartets by Nick Adams, Spencer Schaffer, and Patrick Cooper Sullivan
- Octets by Brad Edwards
- A collection of trombone features from BandMusic PDF Library
- Brass Bandbook from The Preservation Hall Foundation
Spice up your marketing or program. In addition to getting on that map, you can get the word out with sample press release and official logo (below).