Hip hip hooray! It’s that time again!
Thank you for deciding to contribute to International Trombone Week. Here are some helpful tips and a couple of requests:
- You love the trombone… so get out there and share it. Who knows? Someone new might be inspired to learn to play the trombone.
- Whether you play the trombone, or just love its sound, there are many things you can do to mark the occasion.
Tell us what you’re doing. We love hearing about your events. It doesn’t matter if they’re large and small–formal and informal–and we welcome events that are a bit outside this year’s official week of 7-14, 2019
- Please submit this short form so we can put you on the world map.
- Connect with us via Twitter (#spitvalve) and Facebook. You can also write to itw AT trombone DOT net.
Play wonderful music. Lots of it has been written for ITW by some generous and talented people. You can play other music too, of course! Here are some free options. Go get it!
- Solos including Doug Yeo’s arrangements of Bach’s Cello Suites
- Trios by David Caldwell and Colby Norton
- Quartets by Nick Adams, Spencer Schaffer, and Patrick Cooper Sullivan
- BonesWeek Fanares: Octets by Brad Edwards
- Trombone features brought to you by BandMusic PDF Library
- Brass Bandbook from The Preservation Hall Foundation
Spice up your marketing or program. In addition to getting on that fabulous world map, you can get the word out with a simple press release and the official logo (below).