The Seventeenth Annual Big 12 Trombone Conference is scheduled for January 14-16, 2022 at Texas Tech University. Christopher Bill, classical trombonist and recording artist, is the feature guest artist.
The Big 12 Conference is currently accepting proposals for presentations and performances. Proposals could include:
- Master Classes
- Performing on the Faculty Showcase
- Adjudicating Solo Competitions
Student ensembles are invited to apply to perform, including:
- Trombone Quartets
- Trombone Octets
- Trombone Choirs
- Jazz Trombone Ensembles
Additionally, the Big 12 Trombone Conference hosts a solo competition:
- Tenor Trombone
- Preliminary Round – Concerto -Launy Grondahl – Movement 1 (Edition S)
- Final Round – Colors – Bert Appermont – Movements 1(Yellow) and II (Red) – (Beriato Music)
- Bass Trombone
- Preliminary Round – Concert Allegro – Alexei Lebedev – Movement 1 (Hofmeister)
- Final Round – Concerto for Bass Trombone – Robert Spillman – Movement 1 and II (Edition Musicus.).
Trombonists do not need to be a part of the Big XII conference to apply.