First Prize – M&W Custom Bass Trombone
- The 2017 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2017 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file, with no editing within the submitted recording. Accepted file formats include: MP3, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, AIF. Video entries are not accepted for this competition.
- Each movement may be recorded separately and assembled into a single track, but there may be no editing within each movement. All movements should be recorded at the same location with the same recording setup
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The audio file should be named: “RobertsEntry.mp3” (.wav, etc.)
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2017 Roberts competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Gordon Jacob – Cameos, movements 1, 2, 5 (Emerson Edition)
Final Round Repertoire
- Frank Gulino – Worlds Apart (Cimarron Music Press)
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|
|2015||Daniel Vaitkus||Boston University|
|2016||Joaquim Rocha||Escola Superior de Musica e Artes de Espectáculo|