For trombonists ages 20 and under (birth date of January 1, 2003 or later)
First Prize – TBA
- The 2024 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2024 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required.
- The required repertoire should be recorded as one complete, unedited take, and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, name tags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point. In the event both performers do fit in the frame, due to social distancing or use of pre-recorded piano accompaniment, the trombonist must still be completely visible throughout the performance.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “RobertsEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2024 Roberts competition.
Alexander Lebedev – Konzert No. 1 (Hofmeister edition)
David Wilborn – Concertino (Wehr’s)
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|
|2015||Daniel Vaitkus||Boston University|
|2016||Joaquim Rocha||Escola Superior de Musica e Artes de Espectáculo|
|2017||Giuseppe Fu||Leman Manhattan Preparatory School/Juilliard Pre-College|
|2018||Changwon Park||New England Conservatory|
|2019||Riley McGinn||University of California, Los Angeles|
|2020 Co-Winner||Ivan Cheung||Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts|
|2020 Co-Winner||Joao Cunha||Zurich University of the Arts|
|2020 Co-Winner||Pelle van Esch||Royal Conservatory of the Hague|
|2021||Chance Gompert||Indiana University|
|2022||Wojciech Gilka||The Karol Lipiński Academy of Music in Wrocław|
|2023||Dylan Halliday||Oklahoma State University|