For trombonists ages 20 and under (birth date of January 1, 2000 or later)
First Prize – TBD
- The 2021 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2021 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be recorded as one complete, unedited take (no separate movements), and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, nametags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “RobertsEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2021 Roberts competition.
- Co-Winners from the 2020 George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are eligible to enter if still meeting age and other requirements.
Eduard Lassen – Zwei Fantasiestuck, arr. Bollinger (Ensemble Pub.)
Steven Verhelst – Danzone I, II, and III (Available at stevenverhelst.com)
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|
|2015||Daniel Vaitkus||Boston University|
|2016||Joaquim Rocha||Escola Superior de Musica e Artes de Espectáculo|
|2017||Giuseppe Fu||Leman Manhattan Preparatory School/Juilliard Pre-College|
|2018||Changwon Park||New England Conservatory|
|2019||Riley McGinn||University of California, Los Angeles|
|2020 Co-Winner||Ivan Cheung||Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts|
|2020 Co-Winner||Joao Cunha||Zurich University of the Arts|
|2020 Co-Winner||Pelle van Esch||Royal Conservatory of the Hague|