For trombonists ages 20 and under (birth date of January 1, 1997 or later)
First Prize – M&W Custom Bass Trombone
- The 2018 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2018 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file, with no editing within the submitted recording. Accepted file formats include: MP3, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, AIF. Video entries are not accepted for this competition.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The audio file should be named: “RobertsEntry.mp3” (.wav, etc.)
- Past winners of the George Roberts Bass Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2018 Roberts competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- David Fetter – Variations on Palestrina’s “Dona Nobis Pacem” (available from Hickey’s Music)*applicants should record the version in the key of C
Final Round Repertoire
- Robert Spillman – Two Songs (Edition Musicus)
|2007||Thomas Knapp||Texas Christian University|
|2008||Steve Warren||Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Zachary James||University of Southern Mississippi|
|2010||Caleb Ketcham||Oklahoma State University|
|2011||Derek Lyp||Western Michigan University|
|2012||Freddy Oulette||University of North Texas|
|2013||Riley Giampaolo||Oak Ridge High School|
|2014||Joshua Cirtina||Royal Northern College of Music, United Kingdom|
|2015||Daniel Vaitkus||Boston University|
|2016||Joaquim Rocha||Escola Superior de Musica e Artes de Espectáculo|
|2017||Giuseppe Fu||Leman Manhattan Preparatory School/Juilliard Pre-College|