Create a trombone event this April!
International Trombone Week is coming up. Jump in by sharing the trombone where you live during the official week. In other words, play it forward during April 1-8 (or close to it).
What can you do during ITW?
We have a giant list of ideas including:
- Visit a retirement home for an informal recital
- Offer a lesson, masterclass, or lecture… in-person or online
- Create a spontaneous performance in the middle of town
We’ll help you spread the word:
- Send us information about your event, and tiny trombone elves will set to work
- Here’s the current ITW Map
- The ITW Guide has official sheet music, logo, sample press release, and more.
Pssst… Did you know this is ITW’s 16th year? Yup. ITW is the annual worldwide celebration of the trombone. Since its beginning waaaaaaaay back (in the Middle Ages of 2003), thousands of trombonists have created and participated in all kinds of home-grown events all over the world.
We welcome trombone players of all ages and abilities, their secret admirers, passionate advocates, soloists, duos, trombone quartets, brass quintets, trombone choirs, trombone studios, wind bands, orchestras, parading trombone troupes and street bands.