sponsored by Dillon Music
For trombonists ages 23 and under (birth date of January 1, 1994 or later)
First Prize – $1000 gift card to Dillon Music
- The 2018 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2018 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “WieheEntry.mov” (.mp4, etc.)
- Past winners of the Larry Wiehe Tenor Trombone Competition are not eligible to enter the 2018 Wiehe competition.
- The required repertoire should be submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, nametags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- Both performers should be clearly visible in the video throughout the performance, with the trombonist as the focal point.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- Any repeats should be performed as printed.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Arthur Pryor- Thoughts of Love (Carl Fischer)
Final Round Repertoire
- Arthur Pryor- Annie Laurie, ed. Isele (KBE)
|1996||Rebecca Howenstine||Eastman School of Music|
|1997||Mark Templeton||Guildhall School of Music, London, England|
|1998||Peter Swann||University of Southern Mississippi|
|1999||David Sisk||Youngstown State University|
|2000||Andrew Poirier||University of British Columbia|
|2001||Jonathan Lombardo||Juilliard School of Music|
|2002||Ellen Marple||University of North Texas|
|2003||Achilleas Liarmakopoulous||Rio Mesa High School, Camarillo, CA|
|2004||Jordan Witt||Cincinnati Conservatory of Music|
|2005||Jason Robins||Yale University|
|2006||Andrew Connington||Royal Academy of Music|
|2007||Andrew Shelton||Mars Hill College (NC)|
|2008||Adam Hanna||Southeast Oklahoma State University|
|2009||Jason Cash||Oklahoma State University|
|2010||Hana Beloglavec||Western Michigan University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||John Romero||Baylor University|
|2013||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2014||Nick Dewyer||Western Michigan University|
|2015||Lyman McBride||Brigham Young University|
|2016||Marco Rodrigues||ARTAVE (Portugal)|
|2017||Nicholas Halbig||Baylor University|