Combined ages of members may not exceed 100 (no individual member may exceed 28 years of age; birth date of January 1, 1991 or later)
First Prize – $1,000 cash prize, donated by the International Trombone Association
- The 2020 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2020 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- The required repertoire should be recorded as one continuous take, and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, name tags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- All four performers should be entirely and continuously visible in the submitted video throughout the performance.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “QuartetEntry.mp4” (.mov, etc.)
- Applicants may only enter the competition as a member of one quartet
- Members of past winning quartets are not eligible to participate in the 2020 ITA Trombone Quartet Competition.
- No quartet personnel changes for the final competition round are permitted; any exception must be granted in advance of the final round by the ITA Competitions Committee. If a finalist group is unable to be present at the ITF, an alternate group may be selected. Presentation of a valid photo ID will be required of each performer immediately prior to the final competition.
David Faleris – City of Arts and Sciences (available at davidfaleris.com)
Polina Nazaykinskaya – Pavana for Trombone Quartet (will be made available for quartet finalists)
Free Choice piece – 5 minutes or less in duration
|2002||Cincinnati Conservatory Trombone Quartet||David Vining, coach|
|2003||Corpus Trombone Quartet, Ferenc Liszt Academy (Budapest)||Tividar Sztan, coach|
|2004||Novus Trombone Quartet||David Waters, coach|
|2005||CT3 Trombone Quartet (Northwestern University)||Royce London, coach|
|2006||Spitfire Trombone Quartet (Guildhall School of Music and Royal Academy of Music — London)|
|2007||UNT TF Trombone Quartet (University of North Texas)||Tony Baker, Jan Kagarice & Vern Kagarice, coaches|
|2008||Bell Street Four (University of North Texas)||Tony Baker, Jan Kagarice & Vern Kagarice, coaches|
|2009||Maniacal 4 Trombone Quartet (University of North Texas)||Jan Kagarice, coach|
|2010||Seretean Trombone Quartet (Oklahoma State University)||Paul Compton, coach|
|2011||Quattroforte Trombone Quartet (Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest, Hungary)|
|2012||SubitoBones, University of Texas, Austin||Charles Villarubia, Nathaniel Brickens, coaches|
|2013||Northside Quartet, Austin, TX||Charles Villarrubia, Nathaniel Brickens, coaches|
|2014||Thein Brothers Quartet, Amsterdam, The Netherlands||Ben van Dijk, coach|
|2015||Atlantic Trombone Quartet, Conservatorium van Amsterdam, The Netherlands||Pierre Volders, Remko de Jager, J&oumrgen van Rijen, Ben van Dijk, coaches|
|2016||Capriccio Trombone Quartet (Japan)||no school affiliation|
|2017||Boston Based||no school affiliation|
|2018||The eNq||Northwestern University|
|2019||The Regent Trombones||Royal Academy of Music, London|