Combined ages of members may not exceed 100 (no individual member may exceed 28 years of age; birth date of January 1, 1994 or later)
First Prize – TBA
- The 2023 ITA Competitions General Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Applicants must strictly follow the Recording Guidelines for the 2023 ITA Solo and Ensemble Competitions to avoid disqualification.
- The required repertoire (both movements) should be recorded as one continuous take, and submitted as a single video file, recorded from a single, uninterrupted camera angle. Accepted file formats include: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- No editing of either video or audio is allowed.
- No written signs, name tags or other written material is to be visible in the video.
- All four performers should be entirely and continuously visible in the submitted video throughout the performance.
- The submitted file must not contain any identifying information. The video file should be named: “QuartetEntry.mp4” (.mov, etc.)
- Members of past winning quartets are not eligible to participate in the 2023 ITA Trombone Quartet Competition.
- Members of the Co-Winning quartets from the 2020 ITA Trombone Quartet Competition are eligible to enter as long as age and other requirements are met.
- No quartet personnel changes for the final competition round are permitted; any exception must be granted in advance of the final round by the ITA Competitions Committee. If a finalist group is unable to be present at the ITF, an alternate group may be selected. Presentation of a valid photo ID will be required of each performer immediately prior to the final competition.
Leslie Bassett – Quartet for Trombones (Robert King/Leduc)
Carrie Magin – Tale Teller (Available from http://www.carriemagin.com/store)
Henry Wolking – Another Today (Cherry Classics)
|2002||Cincinnati Conservatory Trombone Quartet||David Vining, coach|
|2003||Corpus Trombone Quartet, Ferenc Liszt Academy (Budapest)||Tividar Sztan, coach|
|2004||Novus Trombone Quartet||David Waters, coach|
|2005||CT3 Trombone Quartet (Northwestern University)||Royce London, coach|
|2006||Spitfire Trombone Quartet (Guildhall School of Music and Royal Academy of Music — London)|
|2007||UNT TF Trombone Quartet (University of North Texas)||Tony Baker, Jan Kagarice & Vern Kagarice, coaches|
|2008||Bell Street Four (University of North Texas)||Tony Baker, Jan Kagarice & Vern Kagarice, coaches|
|2009||Maniacal 4 Trombone Quartet (University of North Texas)||Jan Kagarice, coach|
|2010||Seretean Trombone Quartet (Oklahoma State University)||Paul Compton, coach|
|2011||Quattroforte Trombone Quartet (Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest, Hungary)|
|2012||SubitoBones, University of Texas, Austin||Charles Villarubia, Nathaniel Brickens, coaches|
|2013||Northside Quartet, Austin, TX||Charles Villarrubia, Nathaniel Brickens, coaches|
|2014||Thein Brothers Quartet, Amsterdam, The Netherlands||Ben van Dijk, coach|
|2015||Atlantic Trombone Quartet, Conservatorium van Amsterdam, The Netherlands||Pierre Volders, Remko de Jager, J&oumrgen van Rijen, Ben van Dijk, coaches|
|2016||Capriccio Trombone Quartet (Japan)||no school affiliation|
|2017||Boston Based||no school affiliation|
|2018||The eNq||Northwestern University|
|2019||The Regent Trombones||Royal Academy of Music, London|
|2020 Co-Winner||Bone-afide||Royal Academy of Music and Royal College of Music, London|
|2020 Co-Winner||NMH Trombone Quartet||Norwegian Academy of Music|
|2020 Co-Winner||Trombone Quartetto Boon||Tokyo College of Music|
|2021||The Chulobones||Texas A&M University-Kingsville and the University of Texas at Austin|
|2022||Diminishing Returns Trombone Quartet||Northwestern University|