Central Michigan University is pleased to announce an opening for Assistant Professor of Music in Trombone. This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position.
- Doctorate in music performance, or master’s degree with
commensurate professional experience – ABD will be considered as
fulfilling the requirement if it is clear the degree will be conferred by the
appointment start date; outstanding performance skills
- Successful college teaching experience
- Qualifications to teach in related areas
- The ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
- Recruit and teach applied trombone students at the
undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Coach and direct trombone ensemble(s).
- Conduct weekly studio classes.
- Teach in related areas (e.g. brass techniques, jazz, or music in
general studies) subject to the candidate’s expertise and the
needs of the School of Music.
- Maintain active research, creative, and service agenda, and
assist with School of Music diversity initiatives.
Appointment: August 21, 2023.
Salary: Salary commensurate with rank and qualifications. Attractive benefits
Application: You must submit an online application at http://www.jobs.cmich.edu in order
to be considered as an applicant for this position. Application must
- a letter of application that specifically addresses position
qualifications and duties
- a current vita
- copies of undergraduate and graduate degree transcripts (upload as one document)
- digital links to recent performances (live performances preferred)
- a one-page statement regarding the candidate’s philosophy and commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Please supply the contact information for three references who may be contacted to submit recommendation
Screening will begin on January 15th and continue until the position is filled. For questions or further information, please contact:
Professor John Nichol, Chair, Trombone Search Committee
School of Music, Central Michigan University
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Phone: (989) 774-3848