REGISTRATION CLOSES AT JANUARY 31, 2024 (9 PM US Eastern Time)
Welcome to the submission form for the ITA Composition Contest!
Before adding your piece for consideration, please review these submission requirements:
- The piece must be scored for 8 trombones (6 Tenor and 2 Bass Trombones).
- The composition must be an original work.
- The composition must be between 5-7 minutes in length.
- Submission must be clearly formatted (with a score and individual parts included) in a single PDF file. Exact tempo and style indications must be included. The composer’s name must be written in the score. No handwritten scores accepted.
- You may submit up to two compositions for consideration.
- Each submission must include one PDF score (individual parts included; max 15MB) and one MIDI recording (WAV or mp3; max 30MB).
In pursuit of diversity, we especially invite individuals from under-represented groups to apply.
Deadline: Submissions must be received by January 31, 2024 (9 PM US Eastern Time).
Judging: will begin in February 2024. The winner will be announced by April 2024. The judges’ decision is final.
The winner of this contest agrees to extend their permission to ITA to publish the piece at no cost through December 2024. In addition, any trombone ensemble may record or perform the work without any compensation going to the composer through that time.
Please note: This is a separate contest from the ITF Composers Workshop; composers are encouraged to enter both contests if they wish.
Questions? Contact us at compositioncontest AT trombone DOT net
Thank you for participating!