We are seeking a passionate Managing Editor (m/f/d) to manage and grow the ITA Journal. The Managing Editor is responsible for the overall quality and the content of the 80-page, full-color ITA Journal. The Managing Editor oversees the mission and scope of the journal in consultation with the ITA Executive Board and Executive Director and selects content that provide new, original, and important contributions to ITA’s mission. The Managing Editor selects editorial positions required in developing content for the ITA Journal. Come build the future of the ITA Journal with us!
- Previous (journal) editing experience and understanding the publishing process.
- Deadline driven, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work efficiently under pressure; strong time-management, organization, and prioritization abilities.
- Editing skills; strong grasp of grammar and language use. Knowledge of MLA and Chicago Style manuals as well as music writing style conventions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Working closely together with parttime/volunteer staff consisting of a graphic designer, associate-, assistant-, review- & guest editors, advertising manager and a third-party printer in an international environment.
- Providing input on all aspects of the publishing process, including acquisition, development, design and marketing.
- Overseeing the editorial acquisition and review process.
- Final decision-making responsibility for the acceptance or rejection of all content submitted to the journal.
- This is a remote parttime role with a monthly salary.
- Starting date to be discussed, but September 1, 2022 at latest.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com before March 24, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Executive Director Magnus Nilsson at firstname.lastname@example.org.