Southern Arkansas University (SAU), Magnolia, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director of Bands/Trombone & Euphonium Instructor. The position will be housed in the Department of Performing Arts and Mass Communication. The department offers the following: Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Performing Arts with concentrations in Music with Studies in Business, Music Education, Music Performance, Musical Theatre, and Theatre and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication with a concentration in Mass Media. The department also houses various vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Direct or assist with the marching band during the fall semester and a concert band in the spring semester
- Teach trombone/euphonium applied lessons
- Other ensembles and music courses as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in music and public-school teaching experience required
- Previous collegiate or university-level teaching experience desired.
All SAU faculty and staff demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and diversity of the University community and excellence in interpersonal behaviors and effective collaboration with colleagues. Joining the SAU family requires a commitment to our culture of Continuous Quality Improvement.
Interested individuals should send:
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- unofficial transcripts
- Contact information of three (3) references
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
to HR@saumag.edu or the Office of Human Resources, Southern Arkansas University, 100 E. University 9288, Magnolia, AR 71753. AA/EOE. Non-listed references may be contacted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to view the original posting.