The Department of Fine and Performing Arts at Northwest Missouri State University invites applications for a full-time, one-year term appointment in Applied Low Brass (trombone, euphonium, and tuba) beginning August 2022. Other teaching duties will be assigned per department need and the candidate’s expertise. The successful candidate must have professional performance experience in various musical genres and possess a strong record of recruiting music majors and maintaining a studio of low brass students at the collegiate level.
- Teach coursework as described above
- Serve on committees as assigned
- Hold seven office hours/week
- Actively recruit students for the music program
- Continued efforts in performance and scholarly/creative activity
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department
- Master’s degree in Music or Music Education is required.
- Successful university teaching experience in Applied Trombone, Euphonium, and Tuba.
- A consistent record of professional experience as a performer/scholar on trombone, euphonium, or tuba.
- A strong record of recruiting music majors and maintaining a studio of low brass students at the collegiate level.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin June 6, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
DATE AVAILABLE: August 2022
TO APPLY: Please fill out a Northwest application online by clicking http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nwmissouri/default.cfm to reach our employment opportunities listing. You will also need to submit the application materials listed below in order for them to be complete. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at 660-562-1127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) names, addresses, and contact information (email and phone) for four professional references, (4) recordings of solo performances (provided via link to YouTube, Dropbox, etc., please do not email files), (5) applied lesson videos, and (6) unofficial copies of transcripts (official copies required prior to hire).
INQUIRIES FOR THE POSITION CAN BE MADE TO:
Dr. William Richardson
Professor of Music
Please click here to view the original posting.